SEQ Program Changes
Following consultation with the Australians Trainers Association and clubs, RQ confirms that there has been changes made to the racing schedule in SEQ on Wednesday 11 April and Friday 13 April.
The changes have been made to provide the track at Doomben with a three week break from racing leading into its important Winter Carnival commitments.
The changes are:
- Wednesday 11 April – was Brisbane RC at Doomben, but is now Ipswich TC.
The venue change has necessitated the programing of an additional race and also changes to some distances on the program. Accordingly it will now comprise:
- Ratings Band 0-70, unchanged at 1350m
- Colts, Geldings & Entires Ratings Band 0-65 Hcp, unchanged at 1200m
- Fillies & Mares Ratings Band 0-65 Hcp, unchanged at 1200m
- Class 3 Handicap, was 1600m is now 1666m
- Class 3 Handicap, was 1050m is now 1100m
- Maiden Plate (SW), unchanged at 1350m
- Maiden Plate (SW), unchanged at 1200m
- QTIS Two-Year-Old Maiden Plate (SW), was 1050m is now 1100m
- Additional Race Added to Program is Benchmark 62 Handicap 2150m, $25,000 (this race was originally on the ITC program on 13 April but has been programmed here due to race distance constraints at Beaudesert RC
The race meeting will now comprise a 9 race program.
- Friday 13 April – was Ipswich TC, but is now Beaudesert RC.
The venue change has necessitated the deletion of one race from the program and also changes to some distances on the program. Accordingly, it will now comprise:
- Benchmark 62 Handicap 2150m – has been deleted from the program (refer ITC program above)
- Class 4 Handicap, was 1350m is now 1400m
- Colts, Geldings & Entires Class 2 Handicap, unchanged at 1100m
- Fillies & Mares Class 2 Handicap, unchanged at 1100m
- Class 1 Handicap, was 1666m is now 1650m
- Maiden Handicap, was 1000m, is now 1050m
- QTIS Three-Year-Old Handicap, was 1350m is now 1400m
The race meeting will now comprise a 6 race program.
All other detail pertaining to the programs for these race meetings (including prizemoney & deadlines) remains as has been previously published.