By purchasing a ticket to, or using gifted or complimentary tickets to attend a race meeting or any other event at a Ipswich Turf Club (ITC), including the Ipswich Events & Entertainment Centre, you are deemed to have accepted the below terms and conditions of entry.
Patrons enter the venue at their own risk. The ITC accepts no responsibility for injury to any person (including injury resulting in death), or damage to loss of property of any patron occurring on or about the venue.
The ITC reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove from the venue any patron who, in the opinion of any ITC representative:
- Is behaving, or is in a group of persons behaving, in a manner which is causing or is likely to cause disruption, nuisance or offence to other patrons, harm to persons or horses, or damage to property.
- Is dressed inappropriately.
- Appears to be intoxicated or under the influence or possessing drugs. The matter will be referred to the police.
- Fails to comply with any of these conditions to entry of the venue.
- Patrons may not bring animals onto the racecourse (other than a companion animal in the company of a sight- or hearing-impaired person).
- Patrons are not permitted to trespass onto the venue at any time and will be prosecuted if they do so.
- Patrons may be requested to provide proof of identity and/or age at any time. Failure to comply may result in refusal of entry or eviction from venue.
- Patrons must not attempt to sell or distribute any goods or advertising, promotional or political materials or similar to persons attending the venue.
- Patrons must not conduct any advertising, promotional or political campaign or activity or commercial marketing (including with others) anywhere at the venue, without the written consent of the ITC.
- The ITC retains the right to refuse entry to any person, or to withdraw any person’s permission to remain on the premises at any time.
Liquor Licensing & Minors
- Alcohol must not be removed from the venue.
- It is an offence to sell, supply or obtain liquor on behalf of persons under the age of 18.
- Persons under the age of 18 years of age are not permitted entry to the venue unless accompanied by their parent or parent-type guardian. If the minor is deemed to be in breach of any conditions of entry, both the minor and the guardian will be refused entry or evicted from the premises. The ITC’s house policy dictates that their parent-type guardian must be:
- Of parental age to the minor (i.e. at least 16 years older than the minor).
- Accepts full responsibility for the minor for the duration of the event, as well as to and from the venue.
- On some occasions, events will be deemed to be open to guests 18 years and over only. These events will be advertised prior to the date. On these occasions, guests under the age of 18 years of age will not be permitted entry into the venue.
Photography, Filming & Recording
ITC and other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recordings at the racecourse throughout the day which may feature patrons. By accepting these regulations, and entering the venue, patrons agree ITC or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. Patrons further agree that copyright in these materials rests with ITC or such authorised party (as the case may be).
Patrons not wishing any images of themselves be used in any promotional, advertising or publicity must contact ITC.
Patrons must not, unless authorised by the ITC and in possession of a ITC approved or Racing Queensland issued Media Pass and, if authorised, only on conditions determined by the ITC, take any photographs or make any films, video, digital or sound recordings (including by way of any hand held communications or device) within the racecourse for commercial purposes.
Breach of Conditions of Entry
If a patron breaches any of the above conditions, or the ITC (with reasonable cause) so directs, it may result in, without limitation:
- Refusal of entry into the venue.
- Eviction from the venue.
- Requirement to surrender articles in your possession.
- Have your ticket confiscated or cancelled.
- Reporting to an appropriate law enforcement body.
No refund or compensation of any kind will be provided for patrons who are refused entry or evicted from the venue by breaching these terms and conditions of entry.