JOB TITLE Operations, Food and Beverage Manager
An exciting opportunity with the Ipswich Turf Club has become available for someone with the rights skills and knowledge. We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person with a strong customer service focus coordinating food, beverages, hospitality staffing and racing operational requirements for the Club.
- Work with an expanding venue and passionate team
- Redeveloped function facilities
- Great work environment
JOB TYPE Permanent Full-Time. Evening and weekend work as required.
LOCATION Ipswich Turf Club, 219 Brisbane Road, Bundamba QLD 4304
REPORT TO General Manager
- Manage racing operations including totalizator and fluctuations operations.
- Manage full hospitality operations including:
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the F&B team
- Lead all food & beverage outlets by setting high standards and inspiring the team to deliver a high quality experience for all patrons.
- Ensure brand standards, policies and procedures are implemented and upheld.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to food, beverage costs and will be accountable for monthly stock takes.
- Workplace Health & Safety & all applicable Legislative Compliance
- Have a flexible approach to your working week
- Deliver consistent, high quality customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- In conjunction with team members work to develop menus and other event offerings
- A comprehensive and proven background in quality F & B venues
- Experience in Function Management.
- Previous experience in a multifaceted food and beverage leadership role (ideally within a club environment).
- A degree level qualification in hospitality, business or a related field (advantageous).
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train a successful team.
- Managing competing deadlines and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of a wide use of relevant audio video and hospitality organisation processes and technology.
- Be self-motivated and results focused.
- Ability to work autonomously within an office environment.
- Achieve departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Ability to comply with all Food and Beverage brand standards.
- Cooperate with and offer support to other operational teams as required.
- Relevant degree, in event, hospitality or business discipline, from an academic institution highly desired.
- RSA certificate.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and MS PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Events and/or Hospitality Industry preferably in a management role.
- Experience with an POS management software programme highly desired.
The successful applicant should have hospitality industry relevant skills, knowledge, qualifications, customer service approach and a willingness to implement technological improvements. an attractive salary commensurate with skills experience and qualifications. Applications close 15 March 2020.
To apply, please click here and send a current resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and skills that you feel could apply to the Operations, Food and Beverage Manager at the Ipswich Turf Club.